Friday, April 2, 2021

COVID19 Throws MLB a Curve

Wow, after my little NBA addiction stint, I was so excited to go back to baseball, write my blog about it, and do something fresh for you guys. Well, I’m still going to do that, but later. The Mets, my favorite team, were supposed to play against the team I hate the most, the Nationals. Now, you may think that I hate the Yankees, but I respect them as a team, as a team, because when their fans feel the slightest bit insecure in anything, they either console themselves with saying, “We have 27 rings, ok, ok, 27 rings, remember that.” The Yankees team, on the other hand, is a dynasty, and I respect a dynasty, something like what Sam Presti created in Oklahoma City, they have 35 draft picks over the next 7 years, and with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (a young, top 20 NBA player already) and Lu Dort (a top 10 perimeter defender in the league) already on the team. Well, back on topic, the Mets-Nationals weekend series was canceled. That’s really good stuff, Nats, are you guys really that scared of the Mets, well, I guess so, Francisco Lindor has been instilling fear into his opponents as fast as phones can install an app. By the way, thank you, Francisco, for signing a contract that King Midas would blush at, you will devour our salary cap for 11 years but I am VERY excited for you to belt 30 homers, get 100 RBIs, 20+ SBs, a .300+ average, and fielding that’s Gold Glove worthy because that’s why we signed you, so you’re good with that, right? I’m just kidding, though; I know Lindor will try his best in all the years of his contract, he’s just that kind of guy. But, because the Nats are so scared of us, they decided to go clubbing in the nation’s capital, but not only did they go clubbing, they asked everyone if they had COVID and they bear-hugged those who did. For this, the Mets should get three wins to start off the series and they should get fined, but, Rob Manfred, the MLB’s genius commissioner doesn’t like fining anyone because this is a Kindergarten league, right? Well, this weekend is my fantasy baseball league roster overview, another check-in in fantasy basketball and baseball news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NBA Draft Attracts Top Hoopers As the 2024 NBA Season is coming to a close, we’re nearing the NBA Draft, where some of the best talents fr...